Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 2

This morning we started our daily staff meeting at 8:45. At 9:00 I had my Imaging Science class which was not too bad but I am glad I took physics last year so I knew what they were talking about. The amount of homework so far is not bad at all either. After the class, I went to check if anyone was in the optics lab but then I realized that they were all out to lunch so I went with Teddy. I had a buffalo chicken sub which was pretty good, and then we went to our labs. There was still not much to do yet so I waited there for about 15 minutes with Peter and Duygu for the afternoon IDL programming session. I am pretty sure that no one knew what was going on. I will have to try to focus harder tomorrow to understand more. Afterwards, I checked back in at the lab to update contact information for Dr. Swartzlander and found out that I have to read a 53 page safety manual in order to be trained for work in a certain lab. That should keep me busy enough, especially because I also have to take a test to make sure I know all the safety I will need. Tomorrow I will be working in the morning and taking the IDL class again in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment