Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day of Internship

Today was the first day of the RIT imaging science internship. To start off the internship, we broke off into two teams and did a team building exercise. Each team had about 40 pictures from around the RIT campus to find by 11:30 and take a video of as proof. To make things more interesting, the winning team won special imaging science T-shirts. We were supposed to get us more familiar with the campus, the people on campus, and each other. Everyone here is pretty awesome and I look forward to getting to know them better over the summer. We met back at the carlson center to watch the videos over free pizza for lunch.

After lunch, we finished up any last minute registration problems and met with our specific departments. I am in the optics department and I'm pretty sure I will be helping out two RIT students with a project that I will be learning more about this week.

Overall, it was a good first day and I look forward to the rest of the summer. Also, tomorrow I have an imaging science class in the morning and an IDL programming course in the afternoon so I will most likely not be doing much in the optics department.

No comments:

Post a Comment