Monday, July 13, 2009

day 6

Today we checked on our PVA and it was completely dry so we removed it from the dishes in squares with a razor blade. Now we have to think of a way to stretch the films using either moisture or heat, and soak them in iodine and boric acid. The films came out with surprisingly good quality. We will be testing different thicknesses and dyes so we will need a lot more. Later in the afternoon, we went over to the printer that has been giving everyone problems to try to work it. Apparently there is only one person who knows ho to use it and she is away. After about an hour of being unsuccessful, we finally got the test image to show up with decent quality and called it a day. Tomorrow morning I have the Imaging science class and I have an appointment at 1 to get trained on one of the machines I will need to use in the MicroE building.

No comments:

Post a Comment